Friday 27 November 2009

Great to see that Jimmy G is still turning out quality!!

It's hard to believe that I only really became aware of Jimmy Gomez remixes about 6 months ago. Yes, I'd heard loads of the tracks he'd remixed out in clubs, without knowing he was behind the remixes. Well in that 6 months I've managed to track down most of his back catalogue and I have to say the man is on another level to most remixers.
In fact IMHO the only remixers that surpass him are Brothers In Rhythm who are the absolute Numero Uno. I'm caught between Chris and James and Jimmy Gomez for my second favourite, but think that Jimmy Gomez just edges, because virtually all his remixes just hit exactly the right spot. Mind you Jimmy Gomez aka James Wiltshire also collaborated with Chris and James on quite a few mixes and put stuff out together under The Delorme monicker.
About this track, it's pretty recent 2005 and it has a really beautiful vocal and just a really lovely atmospheric feel throughout the track. A real quality track.
Right that reminds me I was going to do a fave remixers poll.
Watch out next post!

Asle Presents Frost - Wait For Me
(6AM Mix - Jimmy Gomez)

No comments: