Friday 11 June 2010

A true Club Classic - but which is the best mix???

Now there can be no doubting that this track is a PCC of the highest order.
I'm sure that I read somewhere that it (the Seduction version) was one of Alistair Whitehead's favourite all time tracks. Great praise indeed as Mr Whitehead is a DJ of impeccable musical taste.
So which version is best?
The Seduction version or the Ann-Maire Smith version.
Do you know what I can't choose, as they are both bloody great tracks.
The Seduction version from 1989 is a true classic (produced by C&C and with fantastic vocals by the wonderful Martha Wash) and many will probably feel original tracks of such quality shouldn't be re-worked as they are never as good, but the Ann-Marie Smith version from 1995 certainly does it more than justice. 
It raises the tempo and just belts it out with a really great vocal performance to boot. 
My money's on the Ann-Marie Smith (but only just), it's that belting piano that just swings it.
Let's face it both are true PCCs.

Seduction - (You're My One And Only) True Love
(New York House Mix 2)



Ann-Marie Smith - (You're My One And Only) True Love
(Clock GMT Mix)

2 comments:

alstompin said...

What a storming classic,I have to agree,this is the better version !!

JD said...

Much as I hate to disagree with a legend like Mr Whitehead, of these two versions I far prefer the AMS one...

Now, if the comparison was between that and the New York House mix (http://www.hardtofindrecordsrecordstore.com/mp3/MR223745_5.mp3) it might be a harder call...