Friday 16 July 2010

"Workout in the morning, in the evening"!!!

Another piece of classic house music courtesy of the legend that is Mr Frankie Knuckles.
It's everything you'd expect from a Frankie Knuckles track, great piano, great rhythm accompanied with some very catchy lyrics and some great vocals from Roberta Gilliam.
It was remixed by David Morales and produced by Todd Terry hence with 3 house music legends involved it was bound to be special.
Top class house music - just as we love it!!
"Work out in the morning, work out in the evening, workout, take me higher"
"Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby,"
"Workout, do it baby, make me crazy, workout, lift me higher"
"Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby,"
Come on!!

Frankie Knuckles Featuring Roberta Gilliam - Workout
(1992 Vocal Mix)

7 comments:

Mark S said...

Not one of my faves by FK song wise but nonetheless a great track with the added bonus of Eric Kupper on keyboards.

lilgirlprd said...

Used to wear this one out in the clubs!! The kids used to stomp loud when I played this. Really loved it, even though it wasn't "lushy" like some of his beautiful piano laden works.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the link. I just remembered some of the lyrics and ended up to your great site!

Anonymous said...

great track! tahnk you for this tune!!

Kristine said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been looking for "Work Out" for years!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I found this blog! Anyone out there know a house song whose lyrics go "Inside my heart, inside my heart...there plays a melody..." Please post if you know this one. And thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kristine. I have been looking for this song for years. Thank you, thank you, thank you

Anonymous said...

Qué buena canción!!! Es de la época de cuando estaba cursando la secundaria. Inolvidable, y que hermosa que sonaba en las discotecas cada vez que la pasaban. Excelente el pianito y la voz, bien house.