Friday 9 July 2010

Are we all ready to "Doop"??

Well here's goes risking my credibility and reputation again here, but who cares?
I'm sure you all remember this one.
If I'm not mistaken I think it even got to number 1 in the Charts??
Well, there was a time when this was an absolute cracking club tune.
I remember it going down an absolute storm when played at Vague, everyone just lost it and went crazy when it came on.
Then again there weren't many clubs other than Vague that could have got away with playing this.
Believe me, it was an absolute PCC in it's day, hard to believe now, although in my mind it still sounds great.
Really annoyingly catchy, or just plain daft?? You decide?
If nothing else I'm sure it made you laugh or brought back a few good memories!!
Come on lets "Doop" - I know you want to!!

Doop - Doop
(Sidney Berlin's Ragtime Band Extended Version)

4 comments:

Johan said...

Thank you!

Mark S said...

I have to admit i did buy this when it came out originally.

Ctelblog said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gil said...

Funny! I remember the Judge Jules mix being OK. But I keep the CD single for a very particular purpose: whenever the British media get it into their heads to manufacture a "minute's silence" for some reason or other, I open the windows and play "Doop" as my protest.