Friday 14 January 2011

Let's kiss and make up!!!

I'd promised before to post some more Indie dance on the blog and although these tracks were not always played at the peak of the night, they still found there way onto many of the nations dancefloors at certain times.
This was and still is a track which I absolutely love.
I remember buying the vinyl 12" in 1990 and playing it to death. I've still got it as well, although it's a bit battered.
Saint Etienne, Mssrs Stanley and Wiggs were masters at turning covers into fabulous, vibey, delicious pop/dance tracks.
This is absolutely lush, with delightful vocals by Donna Savage (before Sarah Cracknall became lead singer), with that fantastic skippy piano beat.
"Let's kiss and make up, let's kiss and make up"
"Let's you and I, kiss and make up"
From start to finish this track is pop/dance perfection.
I love it!!!

Saint Etienne - Kiss And Make Up

No comments: