Saturday 30 October 2021

And I'm Telling You - again!


Now and again a new version of an old classic get's a re-working which really hits the spot.

There are so many re-hashes of classic 80s and 90s tracks and most are dreadful.

This from 2020 however is quite the exception.

Superb work by Morales as per usual and some fine vocals by Elle Cato.

This version is more housey and contains some delightful (trademark Morales) piano.

Is it as good as the Donna Giles version? Nah, not in my opinion, although it is damn fine.

I always thought it was worth posting a fantastic Junior Vasquez remix of a different version of the same track from 2001.

Again not quite as good as the Donna Giles version, but pretty epic all the same!

Get on it!

David Morales & Elle Cato - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going 

(Original Mix)


Rosabel With Jennifer Holliday – And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going

(Junior Vasquez Earth Club Anthem)

No comments: