Sunday 12 September 2010

Echoes, thunder almost every night!

You only need to take one look at the cover above to see that this track was originally an 80's pop tune from the USA. 1989 to be precise. Nice outfits or what?
But the remix by DMC (Dakeyne And Steve Anderson) really brings it to life - in fact it's hardly recognisable.

Check out You Tube first ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wyMNEL3QRU )
to see just how different the original chart version is before listening to what a great job the remixer did turning this into one of my favourite Club Classics.

Great bassline. Sweet piano and a nice vocal, although like lots of 80's tunes the lyrics are a bit idealistic. But hey, what's wrong with wanting a better world for everyone, I suppose?
The 'keep, keep, keep, keep bustin' hook is fantastic and meant that you always knew when this track was about to be dropped in a club.

The vocal below is heavenly.

Echoes thunder almost every night!

If you listen to the track you'll notice that it's pretty slow - only about 120bpm I think. In my opinion it sounds better speeded up a bit. Maybe to 130bpm

Exposé - Tell Me Why (DMC Remix)

3 comments:

cowspeutum said...

OMG!!!! I had forgot all about this track - it was a fav of my little sister and she used to go mental when it was played out - TUNE!!

martine said...

One of the first ever tunes that I heard that got me truly into house music, a classic, will always be and one i hold dear to my heart, still sounds timeless today as it did when it first came out........

Pure Club Classics said...

Another great post Steve O and one I had lined up to post. The DMC remix is Steve Anderson which explains why it's top drawer.
Nice one fella, keep 'em there, Regards, PCC