Friday 30 October 2009

"You and me can break this beat"

Here's an old skool favourite dating back to 1991 and one that I always loved.
It features vocals from Jayne Casey and I believe that it is the same Jane Casey (pictured) who was lead singer in "Big in Japan" and renowned for her shaved head.
She later went on to be a key influence in running of Cream and got them out of one or two sticky situations when the club was threatened with closure.
About the track - just a real simple old skool track with a nice rhythm, some good vocals, nice bits of piano and a feel good vibe.
"You and me can break this beat"
A very solid track and indeed a true PCC.
Get on this one, it'll bring back memories!!

G Love featuring Jayne Casey - You Keep The Love
(Remix)




2 comments:

Holty said...

PCC, I cannot thank you enough for this tune. Had totally forgotten about it, and probably wouldn't have known the name of hand.. I used to have the G-love EP (which has since long gone, hell knows where :S) takes me right back to when I started going to serious clubs, I've got a smile right across my face hear listening to it.

THANK YOU for this memory mate :)

Pure Club Classics said...

Hi Holty,
You're more than welcome buddy.
Glad you liked the track so much - you can't beat a bit of "Scouse House".
Best regards, PCC