Friday 30 October 2009

If there's one track that reminds me of Cream!!

I'm sure we all have tracks which remind of us certain clubs and of course fantastic memories.
Now I' lost count how many times I went to Cream but if there is one track which every time I hear it, reminds me of Cream then it has to be this track.
To say this was huge is an absolute understatement.
From the moment that little tinkle of piano kicked in everyone was totally on it.
A truly fabulous track with some fantastic tribal chanting, it used to be great watching everyone trying to sing along and reckon they understood the words. Come on you know who you are.
We all did it. Lol.
This IMHO is by far the best version - a seriously good Hardfloor remix. Check out the Hardfloor dub which is also a fine piece of hard acid.
A big shout out to Nic G - I know you like this one fella.
Enjoy people, this is the real deal. (I've also scanned an old Cream Flyer which I came across recently)

Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke
(Hardfloor Mix)


Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke
(Hardfloor Dub)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm overplayed overhyped nonsense. pish its a farking monster of a tuuuuuuune!! garenteed party starter(ender)
the world is a better place for this!
simonh

t-bird said...

definitely a club classic -- it was always fun playing this tune for both electronic music folks AND world-music folks (i love a track with "crossover" appeal.)

Ctelblog said...

That Hardfloor mix is a classic alright

Anonymous said...

this one will always be my number one :)