Thursday 5 March 2009

The Greatest Mix Tape Ever - Bar None


Well fellow dance music lovers, March is upon us and to date I've resisted the temptation of posting some of the DJ Mix collections that I have.
But after some consideration I am posting what is the best Club DJ mix ever produced.
It is an essential mix that was performed by Chris and James - back in 1994.
It features some of my all time favourite club tracks many of which appear on this blog and also in my collection.
If you don't like this mix, then listen to it again, if you still don't like it, then give it one more try.
If you still don't like, then I'm afraid you don't have a dancing bone in your body, your music taste is dreadful and the music on this blog will be absolutely no interest to you whatsover.
What are the chances of the above - absolutely none. Trust me, download this, you will love it.
When I first taped it from the essential mix in '94 I made about 3 seperate copies, as I was scared to death of the tape mangling and hence losing the tunes. Believe me it is that good. Just check out the track listing.
Repsect to Chris and James for one of the finest mixes ever produced.
If you like this blog, then download this mix and let me know what you think.
Ain't it good??

Chris and James - Essential Mix - 30.10. 1994

Jonny Panic - Johny Panic & The Bible Of Dreams [Fontana]
Fools Paradise featuring Jay D - Let Me Into Your Heart [acetate]
Isha-D - Stay [Cleveland City]
Sain II - Its Alright [acetate]
artist unknown - untitled [white label]
My Friend Sam featuring Viola Wills - Its My Pleasure [US Ex-It]
Tranfiguration - My Dreams [Transfiguration]
Everything But The girl - Missing (Chris & James Remix) [Blanco Y Negro]
The Beat Syndicate - Dancing Daffodils [Equinox]
Woomera - Retro-Curo-Vibe-Piece [Indochina]
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar [Eye Q]
Age Of Love - Age Of Love [React]
Peter Tall - A2 Is Love [white label]
Outrage - Tall & Handsome (Remix) [Club 4 Life]
State Of Grace - Not Over Yet [Perfecto]
Electroset - Sensatin [acetate]
Fleetwood Mac - Big Love [Warner Bros]
REM - Shiney Happy People [Warner Bros]
Talizman - Only You [Cowboy]
Jump - Fankatarium [Dark]
Liquid - One Love Family [acetate]
Billy Preston - Heroes [Italian Outer Space]
JT Company - Dont Deal With Us [Warner Bros]
Steve Winwood - Higher Love [Island]

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mimw2m2jno2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - thanks for the kind comments. My friend posted me a link to your blog. Keep up the good work. Chris Day

nathan davis said...

shame nobody has a version with R.E.M on it

Pure Club Classics said...

Hi Nathan, yes I think that must have got cut off. I have the track though (the version C&J used to play) if you want it
Regards, PCC

Andy said...

Download this with massive anticipation :) Can't believe in one week I've finally found two great Essential Mixes from 1994 after years of hunting (BIR being the other of course!) Big thanks.

Simon said...

Can't believe there is someone else who's as obsessed with Chris and James as I was in the nineties, discovered them through this essential mix then spent many an amazing night at the Gardening Club, top, top Djs.

Keep the fires burning, great blog x

Pure Club Classics said...

Gum Gum, Glad to hear you are a big C&J fan. They produced some great tracks, remixes and played some monumental sets. They both also pop by the blog now and then. Top Geezers.