Saturday 19 May 2012

R.I.P. Donna Summer!!

It was very sad to hear of the death of Donna Summer this week.
Donna was one of the iconic Disco divas and "I Feel Love" was considered by many to be the birth of disco. Several of her tracks are posted on the blog and here is another classic.
This one from 1989 has had a fierce re-working by Clivilles and Cole, who produced some real gems.
It showcases both Donna's vocal talents and also the real quality of C&C's production.
It's got some lovely piano, some funky vibes and an all round great feel.
Enjoy!!
Donna Summer - first lady of disco!! R.I.P.

Donna Summer - Love's About To Change My Heart
(Clivilles and Cole 12" Mix)

3 comments:

DLMPINOY said...

thank you for uploadingt this piece of donna summer. she is one h--- of a lady...will miss her very much!!!

Lu said...

Yeah, she will be missed. However I have a feeling that she's going to be sampled all over again in years to come.
How do you feel about Danny Howells mix of 'I feel love'?

Anonymous said...

I clicked the link and it asks for a password to download the file. Can U supply? Thanx