Friday 20 November 2009

Do you remember this one???

Well I've pulled out some of the old flyers from nights I attended and have scanned in this one above..
I remember this track being dropped by Boy George at Back To Basics back in 1994.
It was when Basics had moved from the Music Factory to the Pleasure Rooms.
About the track, well no prizes for guessing the riff, a bit easy this one, stolen from Dire Straits - Money For Nothing.
The track was a big hit at the time and got huge dancefloor response, sounds a tad cheesy now, but it certainly was a PCC back in the day.
If nothing else I'm sure it will bring back a few good memories.
Enjoy!!

The Purple Kings - That's The Way You Do It
(While Label Mix)


2 comments:

Pure Club Classics said...

Cheers Wez, I had some fantastic nights at Basics. I remember their 1st, 2nd, 3rd birthday nights, hrad to believe that they are still going strong 18 years on.
Nice one fella, Regards, PCC

Pure Club Classics said...

Alright Wez, I may have some old Up Yer Ronson tapes (if I haven't thrown them out).
I'll check over the weekend and then convert them to MP3 if I get chance.
I've also got a corking Paul Oakenfold mix from Basics in 1995 - I remember the night well (well maybe just parts of it) Great night though. Regards, PCC