Friday 28 January 2011

Come on, shower me with love!!!

A huge, huge shout out to Black Sun, thank you ever so much for tracking this one down for me.
This is a huge, huge favourite of mine and one I've been after for ages.
It's a fantastic house track, very much in a Frankie Knuckles remix style (although I don't believe that the great man has had any hand in it).
From start to finish is is absolutely top drawer.
Truly fantastic vocals, some wonderful lyrics, lots of lush piano chords, simply stunning.
Give it two or three listens and you'll be hooked.
Now here we go, all sing along;
"Shower me with gold, you're gonna get nowhere, nowhere"
"Over power me with roses, ooh, I just don't care, don't care"
"And if you shower me with pearls, it's gonna be a nightmare, nightmare"
"But if you shower me with love, you could be getting somewhere, somewhere"
Wonderful, wonderful - house music at it's finest.
Thank you once again Black Sun - Top Man!!

This one also goes out to Allison who first introduced me to this track and is sadly no longer with us, but always will be, in spirit.
A huge shout out also to Ed - who I know will love this one; Afterglow - Ascension forever!!!

Club X featuring Gladys Bankston - Shower Me With Love 
(Club Version)


http://www.mediafire.com/?a7d5dkb59mtz42e

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD RIP OF THIS RECORD? I WOULD LIKE THE ACAPELLA AND INSTRUMENTAL AS WELL