Thursday 16 July 2009

PCC's All Time Favourite Top 30 Club Classics

Well it's been a while coming but here it is;
this is in my opinion the greatest 30 Club Classics of All Time.
Now I've tried to take all emotion out the selection, there are many tracks which bring back fantastic memories of certain nights or experiences and for those reasons you categorise the tracks as your favourites. Well with this selection I have tried to avoid all that. The tracks have been selected because in my opinion they are simply the greatest tracks ever to be played on a club dancefloor. It's quite amazing that when I look through the tracks I've selected they give a really good mixture of all the types of music I really love and they weren't selected with that in mind at all. I've categorised them as Balearic, Old Skool, Brothers in Rhythm, Jimmy Gomez, Chris and James remixes, Oakey Trance, Classic House, Nu Skool and Disco.
Now I know that this will cause a whole load of debate and lots of people will have their own favourites and think some of the 30 are not worthy. Well it is only my opinion, I'd love to hear other peoples Top 10 - have a go see if you can do it. I started thinking about a Top 10 and then realised there were just too many tracks which I loved and couldn't really not include them, it was then going to be a Top 20, then Top 25 - then it extended to a Top 30. If you can't manage a Top 10 - give me a Top 5.
I'm going to leave this post up for a while, as I'm going on my hols for two and half weeks. So please let me have your comments and feedback - good or bad - agree or disagree. Please note that all the tracks and links are posted on the blog and all the tracks are also featured on PCC's YouTube site and on this blog also. Also all the tracks are hyperlinked, so just click on the title to hear the track.
I hope you enjoy this post and let me have your all time faves in reply.
Thank you all for your continued support. Remember this is your blog, I just administer it for you and approve the quality of tracks.
Very Best regards, PCC.
Pure Club Classics
Greatest All Time Favourite Top 30 Club Classic Tracks 
29 - Medium High - The Pleasure (Chris and James Remix)
30 - U2 - Staring At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Remix)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice idea, '',)

My No 1 is definatly ,

Charlotte - Sugar Tree (Roger Sanchez's Uplifting Mix)

angeliczg said...

I read your blog over Google reader - but for this, I have to comment - GREAT.

Anonymous said...

Where's the link?
You seem like an old time DJ that knows what he's talking about. Thanks.

Maddyrain said...

Hi sweetie! Your top list is wonderful! It made me wanna dance right now!

From your list, here's my favorite ones:

Everything But The Girl - Missing (Chris and James Full On Club Mix)
M People - Itchycoo Park (Morales Classic Club Mix) (Classic House)
(I LOVE IT!!)
U2 - Staring At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Remix)

The others I really don't know, but I know the DJs, so I may love the tunes as well! Gonna search for them in YouTube!

Kisses from your Maddyrain

Pure Club Classics said...

Thanks for all your comments to date peeps.
Whoever requested the links, they are all on the blog already, hence I've not re-posted them, just look through the archives.
Keep the votes coming in and your own personal Top 10's.
Cheers, PCC

ef said...

Can't wait to hear some of these...

what "might be missing"...
Im limiting myself to my 5 fave..

High-Lighthouse Family
Down to Earth- Grace
Fairground- Simply Red
Fool's Paradise- Donna Lewis
Treat Me Right- Kim English

Lil Bit said...

Nice list-- I'll share my top 5--

5. Doesn't Really Matter-Janet Jackson (Jonathan Peters)
4. Cream - Deborah Cooper (Eddie Baez)
3. Spente Le Stelle - Opera Trance and Emma Shapelin
2. Most Girls - Pink. (DJ Skribble)
1. Absolutely Not - Deborah Cox

harvs said...

here my top ten in no particular order but so many to choose from :)
1.Veracocha - Carte Blanche (Original Mix)
2.Angelheart come back to me (lisa marie experience)
3.Legend B - Lost in Love (Starecase Mix)
4.Mekka Diamondback (original mix)
5.Red Carpet Alright (brad carter mix)
6.Chapter 9 your the one for me
7.88.3 ft anthoney i'll be there (clayden and mac rmx)
8.anthony_white_-__d1__love_me_tonight__gomez_rocks_the_joint_mix_
9.Boomerang - So Damn Tuff (Babylon Mix)
10.Heller and Farley Ultra Flava (original mix)
6.

Holty said...

Hi PCC, this really is a tough one, I maybe could have done this list 100 times over and got different results. Here my top 30, some just simply based on good memories from the tunes.

01-Gat Decor - passion
02-Jimi Polo - Better Days (Sasha Mix For DMC)
03-Digitalis - Accepting & Giving
04-Sam Ellis - Club Lonely (Hairy 3 In 1 Mix)
05-Talisman - Only You (Chris & James Old Skool Baleric Mix)
06-The Dust Brothers - Chemical Beats
07-Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II (David Holmes remix)
08-Everything But The Girl - Missing (Chris & James Full On Club Mix)
09-Chris & James - Calm Down (Original Club Mix)
10-South Street Player - Who Keeps Changing Your Mind (Sure Is Pure)

11-Bruce Hornsby and The Range - The Way It Is (Brothers In Rhythm Remix)
12-U2 Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
13-State of Grace - Not Over Yet (Perfecto Mix)
14-Hardfloor - Acperience I
15-Young MC - Know How
16-Evolution - Metropolis (Piano Dub)
17-T-Empo - Saturday Night, Sunday Morning
18-Subliminal - Cuts Le Voie Le Soleil
19-Dan Hartman - Relight My Fire
20-Djamin feat. Alexandra - Give You (Mix 91 Dancefloor Syndromad Mix)

21-The Brand New Heavies - Back To Love (Graeme Park Vocal Mix)
22-My Friend Sam feat. Violla Wills - It's My Pleasure
23-Direckt - Two Fatt Guitars (Babetastic Mix)
24-Gipsy - I Trance You (Paradiso Mixes)
25-Flipped Out - Love Bomb (Exceller 8 Remix)
26-First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (Love to Infinity 'Yellow Cab' Mix)
27-Acts of Madmen - The Dream (summer Mixes)
28-Ruby Turner - Never Gonna Give You Up (Big Bump Mix)
29-Tin Tin Out Feat. Sweet Tee - The Feeling (Tin Tin Out 12'' Mix)
30-Soft House Company - What You Need (Luv Dup Sat At Home Mix)

Cheers Bud.

harvs said...

one of my all time favs as well Signum -coming on strong (hyperlogic mix)