Friday 10 September 2010

Who can take the Power???

Possibly one of the catchiest piano hooks of all time and sampled in many many dance tracks.
Very simple, but very effective.
The track basically revolves around that piano hook from start to finish, but the hook is so bloody catchy, that you just simply can't help but love the track.
This track is now 20 years old and it still sounds really fresh.
Annoyingly brilliant!!!
You know you love it!!!

Off-Shore - I Can't Take The Power
(Mosaic Mix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ibm0dmk254t

2 comments:

Alex Gray said...

I've still got a tape of the edition of "Round Table" (BBC Radio 1 "new releases" review show) on which this was featured - the guests that week were Kim Wilde and "Record Mirror" journalist Alan Jones. The reason I've kept the tape all these years is that at one point they get into a discussion about sampling and Kim says that she'd like to be sampled because "it would be really funny if I was in a club and heard, like, me on one of those records" - and I've always thought that if I ever got around to making a bangin' club choon, it would be great to stick that clip in the middle of it...

Pure Club Classics said...

Great story buddy, Regards, PCC