Tuesday 7 April 2009

Spend some time - listening to this!!!


It's been a while since I dropped some BiR, so on the proven knowledge that they are the greatest remixers to walk this earth, then check out this track.
Another absolute classic, from start to finish.
This one is slightly different to their usual formula in that the intro is probably the highlight of the track and is pretty immense, but then in kicks N'Dea Davenport's fantastic vocals and you get another slice of pure BiR heaven.
Enjoy!! You can't beat that intro, it rocks!!
.
Brand New Heavies - Spend Some Time
(Brothers in Rhythm Club Mix)
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could never find this version on CD. A file will do.
Thanks.

Deejay Jorginho said...

Thank you for the password, to barely passing, that wonder of music

DJ Jorginho - São Paulo - Brazil

JD said...

Still a great tune. Love the intro, but I think the BIR mix of Janet's IF is by far their best intro.

Pure Club Classics said...

Cheers for the comments JD, choosing between BiR remixes is a bit like chossing between a Rolls Royce and a Bentley - their both amazing quality.
Regards, PCC

Woochifer said...

Wow, thanks for pointing me to this remix! (I don't have a PM, so I looked it up on YouTube) I got a modest collection of Brand New Heavies remixes, and I'd never heard this particular version of "Spend Some Time."

I have the Malone and Mollison Club Mix, and it's a more radical reworking of the original song. But, that remix remains one of my personal favorite dance tracks (and the original album version is one of my favorite songs, period). This BiR version retains much more of the original song, but I really like what they added. It's closer to an extended version of the original than a dance remix.