Saturday 5 May 2012

Save the Drowning Man!!

I've had this one lined up to post for many months, but never got round to it until now.
It's a peach of a track and you'll notice the D-Ream influence as soon as you hear it.
You probably wouldn't identify much of a Duran Duran element, but it an excellent track.
Very much in a floaty proggy type feel, we flows nicely and has some lovely piano chords which build and build.
Some good choice lyrics as well
"So what we are going for is called reality, you know what I'm saying?"
"It's called being real!"
I can never decide which version I prefer as they are both excellent, so I've posted the ambient mix as well.
This was big back in 1993.
Enjoy.

Duran Duran - Drowning Man
(D:Ream Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHdt_oJ2vSM

Duran Duran - Drowning Man
(D:Ream Ambient Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ViFhhS7lk&feature=related

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this track takes me back to when sasha used to smash it

Unknown said...

i love this track so much