Sunday 21 November 2010

Who, Who Pays the Piper??

A big fave of mine from back in 1992.
This was a track which was huge at Back to Basics in Leeds (hence the flyer) and always got a great dancefloor reaction.
It is very dark, but also very infectious.
A great remix by Oakenfold and Osbourne, they were right at their remix peak around this time.
The track is very dramatic with the whispered Gary Clail vocals.
I always loved the line;
"Designer drugs at designer prices, pills, thrills and other vices"
Whos pays the piper indeed!!!
Enjoy


Gary Clail & On-U Sound System - Who Pays The Piper ? 

(Perfecto Mix)


5 comments:

LeedsDJ said...

Perfecto - it's gotta be good!

Mark S said...

I remember this one. Not one of my faves from Gary Clail. That would be "Human Nature"

Ctelblog said...

Good stuff. I featured mixes of Beef a few weeks ago

http://acidted.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/gary-clail-beef/

MBari said...

Hi, I am not surprise that u take this atitude, an I really like this blog. I don talk to much, I try make it better. And I dont know if is this the S' Experss U Wanted.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2IOKFJLL
My e-mail for this music is mauriciobari@yahoo.com.br

Beega said...

Greetz from the south--great club blog!..some pretty amazing stuff, will definitely keep looking at you! best to all Beega