Saturday 23 May 2009

Not exactly a PCC - but an amazing moment!!

Does anyone remember being at the Warehouse in Leeds, when they played this??
It would have been about June 1991.
It has to be one of the most amazing tracks I've ever heard dropped in a club!!
When it came on it frightened the life out of me, it came on so loud and literally made me jump out of my skin.
It really was an amazing moment and one I've never forgotten. I don't think I ever heard it dropped anywhere else? Anyone else ever heard it out?
Those of you who haven't ever heard it in a club, just imagine the scene, you're absolutely rocking to some of the finest old skools tunes, in a hot sweaty dancefloor and then comes on out of nowhere completely knocks you for six.
It is of course a very popular piece of classical music, some may also know it from The Doors movie and it featured on The Doors soundtrack.
It still sends shivers down my spine even today.

Carl Orff's - Carmina Burana - O Fortuna

5 comments:

Richie R said...

Cheers 4 that, nope, dont remember that at warehouse, but it doesnt suprise me at all, i had the scariest and maddest nights of my life, in The Warehouse, startin in summer of 90, till about early 92ish, and it was on and off, and usually, on a friday night. Certain tunes take me back there to this day, and the only really uplifting one i really remember, was DJH feat. Steph. / Think About. However, i was pretty messy most of the time!
Tracks that take me back are mainly technoey, heavy bass jobs, cos that soundsystem in there, was from another world!
Leftfield/ Not Forgotten, Prodigy/ Android, Fierce Ruling Diva/ Rub It In, and that MoonStomping tune, forget who it was by, are a just a few off top a me head!
I remember at the end, they would bring u down to earth, with a sickening thud, by suddenly stoppin the music dead, or just killing the 1210, so it gradually slowed to a stop, and switching on the brightest lights, you had ever seen, and sending a horrible, ear piercing, monotonous whistle out, and that was it, goodbye, and good luck, and often, said thru the mic in a ' F..k off 'ome!' manner!

Pauly P said...

I remember it well :-) It scared the life out of me too when it first happened. I remember seeing people doing surfing actions as they probably knew the track from the Old Spice advert. I still have the cassette and will upload it to my blog (balearicskirmish) when I have time. Leeds Warehouse was my favorite ever club and used to go every Friday from Nov 1990 - end 1991. Tunes like Klubzone - Boom Ah, Nu Tekk - Happiness, Ital Rockers, Shades of rhythm - Sound of Eden, Kicksquad - Soundclash, Digital orgasm - Moog eruption, Beltram - Energy flash, Asmo - Jam the dance etc etc...

Pure Club Classics said...

Pauly P - great to hear that someone else remembers that epic moment.
It wouold be great to hear the tape of that night again. Give me a shout when you post it. I've checked your blog and there's some quality Balearic stuff on there.
I've added you to my fave bogs list.
Best regards, PCC

Pure Club Classics said...

Pauly P - great to hear that someone else remembers that epic moment.
It wouold be great to hear the tape of that night again. Give me a shout when you post it. I've checked your blog and there's some quality Balearic stuff on there.
I've added you to my fave bogs list.
Best regards, PCC

Pauly P said...

Sorry bout the delay :-)

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/file-sharing/99586-leeds-warehouse-friday-20-sept-91-a.html