Saturday 11 September 2010

Where's that bloody helicopter coming from?


PCC has already posted a Flipped Out track and this is another that was massive in the North circa 1993 from the Ark label. I remember the first time I heard it I was at Life @ Bowlers - Manchester.

Back in '93 Bowlers had a decent sound system to fill the huge warehouse style venue and I remember the hairs on my neck standing up when the helicopter sampled on this track seemed to circle round the club.
In fact, for a few seconds I think I actually thought a helicopter was about to land in the middle of the dancefloor!!
Then the mental sirens kicked in and the track moved on. It's got so many different parts to it and I've never got bored of hearing it after all these years.

Unfortunately the sound system at Bowlers was downgraded in later years and the DJ's started playing less 'ravey' tunes that never really created the right atmosphere in such big club.

This is definitely a PCC in my opinion and worthy of my first contribution to the Blog.

Flipped Out - Everybody Is Somebody

http://www.4shared.com/audio/yppis9fp/Flipped_Out_-_Everybody_Is_Som.html

1 comment:

Pure Club Classics said...

Welcome to Team PCC Steve O. A great post to start with and a great story, it reminds me of a similar story at the Hac when sirens caome on an X-Press 2 track and I actually thought the place was being raided by the police. Maybe those cheeky dicso biscuits contributed. Happy blogging buddy, Regards, PCC