Sunday 1 August 2010

They don't get much better!!!

A huge, huge fave of mine.
Yes, I know the vocal version was absolutely pants and I hated Pete Cunnah's cheesy vocals, but this mix was the real deal.
I used to love mixing accapella's over the top of it - (Daphne - Change - was always good).
The track is sensational from start to finish, just check that amazing intro and then some really big tempo and key changes.
IMHO probably D-Ream's finest moment, even if (this version) didn't get much acclaim.
IMHO as good as the Sasha remix of U R the best Thing (not faint praise indeed!).
If you've only heard the cheesy vocal version, check this it's a cracker.
Hey, even Labour adopting the vocal version as their anthem when Blair came into power, didn't spoli my love of this version.
A big shout out to Raul for tracking it down for me, I had it years ago on vinyl (but lost it) and couldn't remember the mix. Nice one fella.
Enjoy people!!

D-Ream - Things Can Only Get Better
(Instrumental Mix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4l42rdjll515h7

2 comments:

Chris de Beurre said...

This one takes me right back. I remember picking up a 12" of this - I think it was on the '4 Future ep' or something - and absolutely loving it.

It's a great ep and a reminder that before cheese there is normally genius!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THIS TRACK!!!!!
HELLO FROM RUSSIA!