Sunday 8 August 2010

"How Can I Love You More" indeed!!!

Now anyone who visits this blog regularly will know of my huge liking to the vocal talents of Ms Heather Small and the fantastic tracks created by Hacienda DJ legend Mike Pickering under his M-People guise.
Add some wonderful remixes to many of their tracks and you have dancefloor heaven.
Here are 2 of the finest examples of this.
Back in 1991 - M-People released "How Can I Love You More" and it was a great track dying for a good remix. Trouble was the remixes IMHO were dull and uninspriring and didn't bring a great track to life on the dancefloor. "Sasha's Master Mix" was dull and didn't really peak, but he then created the "Qat Mix" which took the track to another level.
It's taken a while to track a clean version of this down, but big thanks to Tom Ferguson from Galaxy FM and Wee Ste, who both provided the track on the same day, after I'd been searching for a clean version for ages.
The Qat remix is a real belter, it builds and then really explodes.
As an additional treat I've also included the "Jimmy Gomez 6am Remix", which is stunning. Very much in usual Jimmy G stylee, it builds and builds and is layered with some equisite piano, very impressive indeed.
Which version is best?? I'd probably say the Jimmy Gomez remix, but both tracks are very special.
You decide?

M People - How Can I Love You More?
(Sasha's Qat Mix)

http://www.4shared.com/audio/gb-Iic0C/M_People_-__How_Can_I_Love_You.html

M People - How Can I Love You More?
(Jimmy Gomez 6am Remix)

http://www.4shared.com/audio/ulFaAABH/M_People_-_How_Can_I_Love_You_.html

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good mixes but where is Rollos Mix? - it's awesome!

cowspeutum said...

I love that Qat Mix - I have only ever heard it played out once - good work on tracking it down.

Anonymous said...

NOOOOO! The Qat mix has already been taken down! Any chance of a re-upload? Love that tune and can't find that mix anywhere else.

evildoctorjon said...

Must be something about that Gomez mix...of all the remixes on Napster, that's about the only one that's preview only and now Mediafire remove it!! Fantastic mix though! Many thanks..

Pure Club Classics said...

Apologies, I'm not sure why the links have been taken down, it must be an issue with Mediafire. If anyone wants them then send me an email. Alternaively I'll try and get them up via 4shared. I've also got the Rollo mix, if people want that, but IMHO it doesn't compare to the Qat Mix or the JG remix, Regards, PCC

Pure Club Classics said...

Both tracks have been uploaded using 4shared and should be ok now.
Enjoy, Regards, PCC

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the re-upload! LOVE this tune! LOVE this site! Keep up the fantastic work!

Chris Horner said...

Fantastic, the mix featured on the awesome Renaissance compliation.

Anonymous said...

Oh definitely the Jimmy Gomez mix! This was a lovely late night, fanners on the dance floor, closer!

REFFA said...

2 REALLY GOOD MIXES......

malcolm powder said...

I like this blog , thank you PCC people...finding loads of clean copies to replace my rather party-fried crackly examples... so I can continue to DJ with the old fave tunes..

Even the 4shared link for the Jimmy Gomez mix seems to have gone down...I'm guessing it is the less than friendly people from Sony who own the Deconstruction label...

Pure Club Classics said...

Hi alcom Powder, thank you for the feedback buddy. I checed the Jimmy Gomez link this morning and all seemed fine. Please check again andlet me know if you have further problems, Regards, PCC

malcolm powder said...

Yes...my fault ...For some reason Firefox wouldn't let me download just this one...no idea why...managed it with Explorer..
Thx for checking and sorry for the false alarm...

Anonymous said...

The original Classic Mix is the best by far, soulful house at it's Northern best.