Sunday 8 August 2010

An All Time Classic


I am finishing this weekend off with one of the tunes which got me into house music. I heard it played on a barge going up and down the Thames all night, way way back in 1987. I have no idea who the DJ was, but he was playing music like I had never heard before. Needless to say I was hooked. This was one of the tunes played that night. It was also one of the first dance tracks I got from Eastern Bloc in Manchester.
It is a simple but stunning track - great vocals by Jamie Principle and given that special Frankie Knuckles touch of magic.

I Need Your Love - Frankie Knuckles Featuring Jamie Principle

2 comments:

BigAndyDJ said...

Magnificent!!!!

Pure Club Classics said...

A timeless classic - in fact one of the all time classics!! It's one of those tracks that still sounds as good as the very first time you heard it.