Monday 5 April 2010

It's not quite June, but this is flaming hot!!!

Happy Easter folks, I hoped you've all had a good one and haven't over indulged (on the Easter Eggs that is - lol!!).
It's been a while since I posted a track so here I give you a real quality classic.
A lot of people absolutely raved about Brian Transeau when he first came onto the UK club scene back in 1993. I remember hearing a quote from Sasha stating that he was bored of DJing and was thinking of packing it in, then BT came along and inspired him.
In my humble opinion although BT was clearly a musician and producer of very high repute I always found most of his tracks a little "over produced" a bit self indulgent and not really that dancefloor friendly (well not to my tastes at least!!).
However, there was no mistaking his talent and he did produce some fantastic tracks and some excellent remixes.
This was IMHO one of his very best, again not that dancefloor friendly, but a real musical journey.
Let me know your thoughts!!
P.S. The picture is a famous painting from Frederick Leighton called Flaming June, but you probably already knew that??

BT - Flaming June
(Chicane Remix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnzmqwzzmmo

1 comment:

Beena said...

Never a very big fan (although sasha's voyage of ima still works today) BUT did you ever see him live? My god - one of the best nights of my life, absolutely tore Lakota up, the place went mental, and it was all much messier than his records - more Chemicals Bros. than Renaissance strut. Can't remember when though; somewhere in the 90-98 haze (about 95/6 i think)!!