Friday 2 October 2009

Well a bit of cheese never hurt anyone did it??

All those dance purists out there forgive me for this one, but hey there's nothing wrong with a bit of cheese!!! In fact a bit of cheese is essential for a good healthly balanced musical diet.
Well this is certainly a piece of cheese and a half.
To be honest I really questioned posting it, as it is very much bordering on a what I used to call a "Mr Craigs tune", but here you go; the piano breakdown is very nice and very catchy.
If you all hate it that much I will take it down. Just dipping my toe in the water of the
cheese-ometer here. Lol.
I hope you enjoy, if not let me know.
.
DJ Flavours - The Finest
.

3 comments:

Chris Horner said...

Not sure what to make of this. My purist tendencies are telling me to hate this but my "dance music should be fun" tendencies are telling me I should like it :)

Holty said...

I have this but under "DJ Flavours" ?? I Like to think I am a purist (Most of the time) but have an open mind to all genres of music, hell I've played many over my time :)

Being a huge fan of piano, I can't help but like this. As this sort of track goes, Cheezy Certainly, lovable most definately, Music's about having fun, Just as much as it can be taken seriously.

I always took the stance, just because you don't like it, does not mean the track is sh*t, what is cheezy or sh*t to one person, may not necessarily be to another.

We all have our limits of course :) but where we draw the line is different for every individual. That's what makes Dance/House so unique in my opinion, and has probably been a factor why is has stayed around and evolved for so long. As I have mentioned before, it would all be pretty boring if we liked the same stuff.

Pure Club Classics said...

Holty, Thanks for your comments buddy,
I'm in total agreement with them.
I've never been one for pigeon-holing or musical snobbery.
Good is good in my book.
Music is so subjective, one man's "brilliant" can be another man's "rubbish". It would be a sad world if we all liked and agreed on exactly the same things.
Cheers buddy, Regards, PCC