Friday 16 October 2009

Let's get funky with a Hac classic!!!

Now here's a quality funky little number and a huge Hacienda anthem!!
Legend has it that Graeme Park used to play two copies at the same time and cross fade between the two. If anyone has a mix of that, please let me have a copy as I'd love to hear it again.
It really is a really superb track and a top quality remix by E-Smoove, very catchy, very smooth, but very good.
Come on now "Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na,"
It's hard to believe that this dates back to 1990 as it still sounds so current, it's amazing to think it's nearly 20 years old.

Definition of Sound - Moira Jane's Café
(E-Smoove's Groovy Mix)

3 comments:

albo said...

Yoh bro!!
Great share man...Im a Kenyan Househead..and I recall listening to a 1990 mixtape from an NYC dj(i think he was called Charisma)..I think the mix I heard was different..I only got to Id it recently. I am guessing , based on information from discogs that it's Maurice Joshua's "aww shucks" dub..please upload it for me bro. I hope you have that track.

you can also download this mix, that particular mix is somwhere towards the end of it

http://www.truly-madly.net/music/truly-madly_moregirls.mp3

do check out his site for some nostalgic mixes

do shoot me an email as soon as you get to read this

Charles Ramano said...

The world is free to stop at time just to pause and give an ear to this remix by Eric "e-smoove" miller. If you know quality house music. U know what I'm talking about! This track needs no introduction. It's fantasy come alive. It moves clubbers.

qtiavcm said...

now this track reminds me of a time when I used to drive around Canberra.... these blokes were in a very particular way sort of mystic and elaborated their tracks in a manner that fantasy creatures as well as the imagination came into life .... thanks a million for this mate!