Friday 9 October 2009

I can see clearly, so high in the sky!!!

I debated about posting this one, as I thought it was probably one of those tracks which got overplayed and hence slightly lost it's appeal.
Then I thought of all the great memories it brought back and hence decided to post it.
During 1994 it was one of the best dancefloor tracks and always got a fantastic response, it particularly brings back memories of Love To Be in Sheffield, which was superb at the time.
The bit when the riff kicks in after the intro was just a huge hands in the air moment.
It may have been a bit overplayed but it certainly was a PCC.
Great Morales remix as well, one of his best, with some great piano!!

Jamiroquai - Space Cowboy
(Club Classic Remix)

1 comment:

Woochifer said...

IMO, this is one of David Morales' greatest tracks ever, and my personal favorite of all time from that era. No debate it should be included on any list of classic 90s dance tracks. By no means was it overplayed! Back in the day, I couldn't get enough of it.

If you can add anything, do include Morales' radio and Babinstrumental mixes as well. The instrumental track in particular adds extended versions of the flute, piano, and sax parts. Amazing stuff, especially if you compare it with the original Jamiroquai track.

No surprise that Morales' remix of "Cosmic Girl" is another one of my favorites from that era. Another magical ride. I'm hoping to find one of the edits done on that particular Morales remix. I already have the Classic Mix and the Radio Mix, but there was another edit whose length was right in between. Thanks.