Friday 11 September 2009

Now for the Second Contest of the Night!!

Ding Ding Round Two.
This time it's a match of my other favourite heavyweight contenders.
In the red corner we have Brothers in Rhythm the reigning world champions - the greatest remixers to walk this land vs. Jimmy Gomez in the Blue corner as the undisputed underdog(vying with Chris and James as my second favourite remixers ever).
It's a David vs. Goliath match - with Jimmy Gomez being the underdog.
Who's gonna win?
The track is good, but not amazing and in my mind it's only the quality of the remixers that push it into PCC status.
The BiR remix, threatens to explode but then never really does, although it's a fabulous piece of production and a really lovely track.
The Jimmy Gomez remix has in my opinion that little bit of extra kick, it's just a bit more enticing, a bit catchier.
In all it's very close, but I have to say the Jimmy Gomez remix just shades it (and I mean just) ever so slightly. Again it's a split decision but the UK judge scores it slightly in the favour of JG.
What's your opinion. I'll stick a poll up for a bit of fun (and also for the D-Ream track).
Are you with me, or agin me??? Lol.
Enjoy!!!!

Daphne - Change
(Brothers in Rhythm Remix)


Daphne - Change
(Jimmy Gomez Expresso Special)

5 comments:

KennyB said...

most definitely the jimmy gomez mix, check the pianos!

thaitomski said...

this rates as one of BIR's best remixes

technoguy78 said...

This is unusual for me but I'm going to have to say I prefer the BIR remix of this one. Thanks!

ItsMe! said...

No comparison here in my opinion, the BIR mix is a fantastic example of the mid-nineties epic house sound whereas the Gomez version was just a standard cash in the bank house remix.

andy in manama said...

BIR Mix all the way. Stand out mix from Digweeds EM from 94 into lighthouse family lifted..

Cheers for the download PCC