Tuesday 22 September 2009

Maddy's finest hour!!!

It would be the understatment of the century to say that Madonna has produced some wonderful records.
But in my mind this was and still is the best thing she has ever done.
The lyrics are wonderful, the vocal is superb, the gospel choir delightful. Quite simply one of the best tracks ever made. It was wonderful when dropped in a club, proper "tingles down thr spine time".
There are some many different versions of this track that I just couldn't choose which one I liked best. Hence here you go four versions. There's probably more out there as well.
The acapella is included as it's simply awesome. At push I think 12 inch Extended remix version is my fave.
I'm sure you'll enjoy all four.

Madonna - Like A Prayer
(12 Inch Extended Remix)



Madonna - Like A Prayer
(Acapella)



Madonna - Like A Prayer
(Remix)
This ones a funky little remix, with a underbeat from a very familar tune which I just can't put a name to (but know well). It'll come to me.



Madonna - Like A Prayer
(Sticky and Sweet Edit)
This is the one with the Felix - Don't You Want Me sample


6 comments:

Allison said...

Is the underbeat you refer to in the remix version reminding you of "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics?

klub9 said...

I recall that mix coming out in around '97 or '98. It samples one of those cheesy 90s Euro hits ala ATB. The sample of which slipped my mind at the moment as well...

klub9 said...

Hi PCC!

I finally got the sample...it's Black Legend, right?

Chris Horner said...

I thought it sounded very similar to DJ Quicksilver - Bellissima.

klub9 said...

i think you're right. I got it mixed up with another Like a Prayer mash that used Black Legend. My bad :-P

Pure Club Classics said...

Chris Horner, thanks buddy that was the one I was thinking of - DJ Quicksilver - Bellissima. It's the intro at the beginning.
Thanks pal it was bugging me that one, Best regards, PCC