Friday 11 September 2009

Head to Head - Challengers vs Champs!!

Now it's not often you get your (or in my case my) two favourite remixers both remixing the same track.
So here we have it my numero uno favourite remixers Brothers in Rhythm (and widely acclaimed as being the greatest remixers ever) vs. my other favourite remixers - Chris and James (although Jimmy Gomez remixes are also up there as well).
The track is a good 'un, although I can't help feeling that Pete Cunnah's vocals are a bit cheesy sounding. They sounded better through the decoder - a la U R The Best Thing.
So which remix is the best??
BiR do their usual beautiful production - building, building - take the roof off remix - which really takes some beating. Top drawer BiR as usual.
The Chris and James remix is also different class, it teases and builds and has some great piano, but in my mind doesn't quite get to the intensity level of the BiR mix.
My verdict - BiR win on points - a split decision mind.

D-Ream - Take Me Away
(Brothers in Rhythm Club Mix)


D-Ream - Take Me Away
(Chris and James Club For Life Mix)

No comments: