Thursday 16 July 2009

Introducing DJ Drew G - Future Star DJ!!!

I get an awful lot of tracks which people send to me asking for reviews, posting it on the blog and the like. To be honest the majority of them (about 90% in fact) are pretty crap and certainly not worthy of Pure Club Classic status.
So when I get sent some recently from a DJ Drew G, I was thinking along those lines.
However, I thought let's have a listen before making any judegements.
Boy wasn't I glad that I did, the first track I put on was this Madonna remix and I have to say it is absolutely awesome. A really beautiful remix, which complements Madonna vocals perfectly.
See if you can spot where the sample if from??
I've since listened to a few more of Drew's remixes and they are also of a realy high quality and very versatile in style. I'll post some more in future, those which are PCC status.
Drew has a pretty strong reputation in the US for DJ-ing, remixing and producing and I guess is very much less known in the UK.
However, with his talent I'm sure you'll hear more of him in the future. To date he was produced for the likes of Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Whitney, Mariah amongst others. He is a protegee
of Peter Rauhofer and Junior Vasquez, the two leading DJs and producers in the U.S., hence quite a pedigree. For more info check out his my space http://www.myspace.com/djdrewgnyc
Here's the track. Let me know what you think?? Quality innit!!

Madonna - Miles Away
(Drew G's Innocent Mix)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mgmmz2mdnm

3 comments:

discoqueen said...

A very pretty song...piano reminds me of Bruce Hornsby...

Unknown said...

I have just discovered this brilliant blog. I'm in love with your blog! Its fantastic and brings me straight back to many fun weekends. Great selection - please keep it up.
Never heard of this DJ - but its fantstic - more please :) Big Love xx

Pure Club Classics said...

Hi Orlagh,
What fantastic comments.
Very much appreciated.
Drew G will be contributing regular mix sets which will be posted on the blog every month.
Best regards, PCC