Tuesday 14 July 2009

Another Chris and James Classic Remix!!!

It was good to get some feedback on the blog today from Chris Day of DJ and Remix supremo's Chris and James.
I've posted quite a lot of their stuff on this blog, quite simply because most of what they did was superb and exactly the sort of music I loved and still do love.
They are right up there in my book with Brothers in Rhythm and Jimmy Gomez as the best remixers in the business. I thought their remix of Everything But The Girl's - Missing - was nothing short of sensational and still remains one of my favourite tracks of all time. It was a travesty how the Todd Terry remix got all the good press, when in my opinion it wasn't a patch on the C&J mix.
I also heard C&J - DJ in clubs many times and their sets were always rocking.
This track typifies their style, absolutely rocking.
Get on it - this is pure quality!! Check the key changes, the piano, the build up and the breakdowns - Awesome!!
Chris if you view this, I'd appreciate a few of your remixes which I have missing from my collection!!
Enjoy!!!

INXS - Original Sin
(Chris and James Epic Adventure Mix)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this remix '',)

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'll have a dig around. Looking at what you've got up, I think you're missing Perks Of Living Society, Rusty , Soundsation, Alex Neri, Chris Rea , Tinman, Havanna, X Static, DMc mixes of Salt n Pepa /Oleta Adams, West End, DReam, Coyote, Hustelrs Convention, Eric Gadd, Remake, Disco Tr-amba, FPI Project......plus a few more.
You also haven't gor any Delorme stuff up, which surprises me? That was my side project with Jason Phats (later of Phats + Small).

Just heard Novecento on your player.....Morales best mix bar none and a massive C+J tune.

CHRIS D

Pure Club Classics said...

Hi Chris,
Cheers once again for the feedback pal.
It'd be great if you could provide those remixes above. I have a few of them, Tinman, Havanna, West End,FPI Project. I'll update my most wanted list, with all those I'm missing (most of those you mentioned). I didn't realise that you were also responsible for Delorme tracks. I remember Spanish Fly - that was quality. If there are any other club classics which aren't on the blog and should be, please let me know.
Thanks once again pal.

Best regards, PCC