Saturday 20 June 2009

One of my all time Favourites!!!


Now this is a pretty hard to find track and one that is not widely known, however it is one of my all time favourite tracks.
I first heard it on a Daniel Davoli Essential Mix on Radio 1 back in 1996 and have been wanting to track it down for ages. Hence a big thanks to Gav for sharing this track with me.
Believe me people this is one of the best dance records you will ever hear.
The track has it all a superb intro, slowly building, then into wonderful vocals, superb lyrics, fantastic banging piano, rocking beats and an amazing atmospheric tempo throughout.
"Why don't you try, orr-ho, they need you, they need you"
"Hay-eh, Hay-eh, Hay-eh, I hear the children cry, my soul is screaming why, why, why "
"Hay-eh, Hay-eh, Hay-eh, I often ask myself, what's the reason we are born to live and die"
"Hay-eh, Hay-eh, Hay-eh, I hear the children cry, my soul is screaming why, why, why " "Hay-eh, Hay-eh, Hay-eh, I often ask myself, what's the reason, we are born to live and die"

Simply Awesome!!!!!
Janice Robinson - Children
(Cotton Club's Fantastic Mix)

1 comment:

oldskoolranger said...

this is a legendary tune. I've got it on 12, but this mix I only have on the sounds of the city vinyl. cheers matey!!