Sunday 17 May 2009

Very Sweet indeed!!

Anyone who ever went to any of the Ark nights in Leeds and Bradford circa 1991 and 1992, will remember this being played. It was usually played last song of the night by Gary Norman.
The version he played was without the rap in it and it is that version I prefer. However, I've not been able to track it down, so here is the next best thing.
It's an absolute classic and was the perfect end of the night track. Very similar in style to Edie Brickell - Circles - one of my faves and another perfect end of night track.
Very Sweet indeed!!
Funnily enough for such a great track, I never heard it played anywhere else other than those Ark nights.
If anyone can find the "non rap" version, please let me know.
Cheers. Enjoy!!

Sweet Beat - Sweet Louise

3 comments:

Steve O said...

Great track PCC. You are right - it was definitely big in West Yorks, but rarely - if ever - did I hear it anywhere else. I had it on a tape from Global Beat Records (Bradford). You'd probably have to pay a fortune for it on vinyl nowadays!!

Dapper Don said...

I think the original was by the big wave and was called louise beat. I've never been able to find it either!

Anonymous said...

yeh Dapper Don is correct. MASSIVE Gallery track, but i must admit, i hate it now. How cheesey? lol. i'll try dig it out for ya.

dj