Friday 15 May 2009

Do they get any better than this??


I get some great feedback on all the Old Skool posts, all the Balearic posts and also all the BiR posts, but very little on the Oakey posts.
Yes Oakey's stuff was a bit harder edged, a bit trancier, but equally as good, if not better at sending the floor "delirious". His sets took you on a journey like no other DJ.
Come on lets feel a little love and show your appreciation for the Greatest DJ ever - bar none.
This one is an absolute monster. If you've not heard it before, then I strongly advise you to download it and have a listen, as I'm sure you'll love it, then you'll be converted.
It's probably one you may not know by title, but you'll know it once you hear it.
The beat basically stops mid track and the piano tinkles, then it kicks back in. Awesome!!
For me it brings back fantastic memories of Oakey rocking the gaffe at Cream.
It's simply immense. Enjoy
For those who need more convincing get yourself a copy of; 
Oakenfold Anthems (The Classic Perfecto Mix By Paul Oakenfold) - Various Artists.
Or if you really want it, let me know and I'll post it.
Finally big shout out to DJ Ste from http://oldschoolhousemusic1990-2000.blogspot.com/ for reminding me what this track was called and providing a link. 
Check his new mix on his blog, it's quality.
.
Veracocha - Carte Blanche
(Original Mix)

2 comments:

alan said...

pure feckin quality

psymatic/drbubz said...

some serious trance from a 90s ferry corsten. anything that guy did in the 90s is fine quality trance in my book.