Friday 20 March 2009

I'll be your, I'll be your, I'll be your Friend!!!

A true club classic, if ever I heard one. 
There were lots of mixes, but this was by far the best. 
This tune is absolutely class, it used to send the dancefloor crazy back in 1991. 
Everything about the track is brilliant, the kicking house beat, the lyrics, the Robert Owens vocals, the backdrop riff, the tinkly piano. 
It provides that contrast between dark and deep and uplifting and vibrant in equal measures.
It's just an awesome tune. 
Fantastic production and remix work by Morales on one of his first remix projects and equally fantastic work on the keyboards by Eric Kupper providing that all essential piano. 
A partnership which would go on to remix and recreate hundreds of dance classics.
In my mind this is the epitome of proper House music. 
It's also another track which brings back some fantastic memories of lots of great clubbing nights. 
Enjoy. 

Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend 
(Glamourous Mix) 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my gosh im feelin this..memories flooding back password please!!!!

Anonymous said...

This was one of my all time faves.

Passowrd is;

pccrob

Regards, PCC

Chris Horner said...

Fantastic track, a bona fide house classic.

funkhat said...

Big tune all time!Please can you ask password pccrob is wrong(!

funkhat said...

Please password for this tune!

Anonymous said...

One of the best version

Coppi said...

Owens= amazing vocalist